Tuesday, August 16, 2005

15 Weeks!

My stomache has finally started talking to my brain, and yesturday it said "escargot" and my brain said "sounds great!" and so that's what I had for first dinner last night. Then my stomache said "pasta" and my brain said "yummy" but when I bit into it my mouth said "yuck, no frickin' way!" So the communication chain is getting better, but it's not perfect yet.

Told a few more people at work today and they totally agreed with Jeremy that it is exactly the news the Roundhouse needs right now - yay!

Switched rooms last night so our house is starting to look more and more like how it will look when the baby comes, well except we're missing the baby furniture, but at least we have a spot to put it now. Started reading a novel called Midwives by Chris Bohjalian last night and it's absolutely hitting the spot. All I want to hear about, talk about, read about lately is vaginas and what's going to happen to mine during this whole process. I am worse than a teenaged boy!! I am fascinated with descriptions of other peoples labours and the vocabulary associated with birth. I may be one of the rare people who actually looks forward to the birth part. I am still admittedly a little scared and nervous, but the more I read about it the more my mind is at ease. I think that if I will know exactly what's happening to me when the time comes, I will be able to just relax a bit more and enjoy it a little. I know all you mother's out there are laughing at me right now but my imagination is probably not speaking to reality yet, and perhaps in time that communication chain will work properly too...

2 Comments:

Blogger sarahlocks said...

Glad to hear your workplace are almost as excited about Baby (what surname will baby take - what did you chose to do with your surname? Traditional?).

All these babies are making me clucky! AHGHGH!

August 18, 2005 9:21 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

:) glad to hear the belly/tummy communication is improving... mine is being quite stubborn, and refuses to tell me what I want. :)

August 19, 2005 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home