Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My favourite day...

Today I called in sick. True, in the last 3 months there were days when I was definately sicker than today and I never called in sick, but damn am I ever glad that I called in today. Today is my day to do whatever I want, and today I wanted to eat chocolate chip pancakes, so I did. I also started to organize all of my photos which have been is boxes since High School. I went out and bought a couple of photo albums and have been rumaging thru memories, listenting to loud music, eating whatever I want and drinking copious amounts of delicious rooibos tea. Could I have done that if I went to work today? I don't think so...
This is my belly at 14 weeks. I seem to be showing a bit already so I'm thinking it may be time to tell my work soon. I just finished the last of the paperwork yesturday, so now I just have to wait for it to go thru and then I will be officially offical and able to take maternity leave. Devinder and I were talking last night about how wonderful it will be to not have to keep secrets anymore...

3 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

Dadgum!! You're skinny girl!! I'll never show you a picture of my fatass!! haha!! :) Good call on calling in sick... just 2 more weeks for me, and I'll be at home unpacking boxes! :)

August 11, 2005 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I called in sick yesterday too. Me, not so pregnant as you, but I was actually sick. And I, too, spent the day going through all my old photos (digital) and organizing them and captioning, labeling, etc. It felt good and indulgent because I've been working too hard.

Hey, we're coming to town on Tuesday. Do you and Dev have room for us or will the parents be in town that night?

:)
Jess

August 11, 2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

:) Thanks... Sometimes I'm a little self concious and I shouldn't be... I'll see if we can't post in the next several weeks when I really start to pooch
out. :) Seriously, thank you for your kind words... that makes me feel much better :)

August 12, 2005 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home