Friday, July 22, 2005

Stupid Pelvic Bone!!

Well, we didn't hear our bay's heartbeat. We heard my hearbeat loud and clear, and Devinder's too, but alas, our little Dickens did not show. I guess the reason for waiting until after you're 12 weeks is that that is usually the time when the baby starts to float upwards and finally clears your pelvic bone. It's next to impossible to hear the heartbeat through your bones. So we made an appointment for 10 days from today, the day after Devinder gets back from New Jersey...

I feel okay about it though, the midwife was very reassuring. She said that my morning sickness and sore breasts are a huge indication that I am a healthy pregnant woman. We talked about water birth's and they are sooo happy to help us have a home water birth. They gave us the number of a woman who will rent us a water birth tank with a tempurature regulatorlarge enough to actually float in. You rent them for 5 weeks at a time, a few weeks before you're due so you can float around, get used to being in the tank and take the weight off your huge belly. Then you have it for a few weeks after birth so you can continue to swim with your child daily!!! I am just soooooo excited at the prospect of having a swimming pool in our dining room for 5 weeks!! And I just love that our midwive's are uber excited and so eager to help us have exactly the birth we want to have...

1 Comments:

Blogger Avorie said...

I've always wanted to do a waterbirth, but I'm so scared that something will go wrong. That and Hubby's father is a doctor so he doesn't buy into that stuff. I wonder if they would let us have a pool in the hospital...?

November 11, 2005 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home