Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Commercial Drive Midwives

The gist of our running around yesturday is this; we have chosen a midwifery practise to help bring our child into the world. Everything about it is exactly right for us. The Midwifery Clinic is right on The Drive, a short 10 minute walk away and they can do everything a doctor or genocologist can do by way of normal prenatal testing and what not. They can give me my shot of RoGam for my RH Negative blood and order any ultrsounds that may or may not be neccessary. We will still go to a hospital to deliver the baby, but we will get a private birthing room. This means that I will labour, birth and recover in the same room with our baby. Our family can watch the birth and after 24 hours we can go home with our midwife and recover there. The clinic is peaceful and focuses on natural child birth and provides many options for doing so. There is also a fantastic lending library there so we can further educate ourselves to help us make informed decisions for our baby. My first appointment is in my 7th week on June 21. They said, like my doctor, that there is no need for blood work this early on as all it will really do is tell me that I am pregnant, which I already know. Everything else seems normal and healthy. It is normal to be gassy and bloated and to look a little pregnant almost right away and it is normal to develop cold or allergy like symptoms all thanks to excess hormones. Well, at least I don't have morning sickness, yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home