Thursday, July 21, 2005

Anticipation!

I don't know if it's even worth posting this, but it might be interesting to look back at how I felt before. Tomorrow we have an appointment with the midwife and we get to hear the baby's heartbeat!! Do all woman feel this mix of excitement and terror before their first Dopplar appointment?? I am soooo excited to have proof that I have been growing our child inside my belly, but I am soooo nervous that we won't actually hear anything. Part of it is nerves that something may be wrong and part of it is nerves that I may have made this whole thing up and that I'm not really pregnant. Do all pregnant woman feel that way too? It's just still so freakin' unbelievable to me that we're pregnant, that I am growing a baby, that we are going to be parents!! From time to time you hear of those weird cases where woman want to be pregnant sooo bad that they actually take on the symptoms of pregnancy. And I mean, how do they even know that they've done that? And when they find out...

Okay okay, there are several reasons why we might not hear the heartbeat. We couldn't co-ordiante an appointment for next week that worked with both our schedules and the midwife's availability, so we are going in a few days before I am 12 weeks, which is usually when we would hear it. Well, I can't think of anymore positive reasons why we wouldn't hear it. So I'll just calm down, cause there's no point worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. We will hear our baby's tiny little heartbeat tomorrow, we will record it, we will use it as a rythm track in a song we'll write for our baby and we will fall asleep to it everynight. After tomorrow, things are going to get a lot more cheesy around here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home