Monday, August 08, 2005

Hello Second Trimester...

...hello mood swings!!! I have up until now been priding myself on how calm and stress free I've been feeling for the past 3 months. Aside from the morning sickness I hadn't been suffering from "Psycho Pregnant Lady Syndrome" (not an official term), unitl about 4 days ago. Du Dun Du Duuunnnnn!!! Please offer your love and support to Devinder whenever you see him. We never really fight, only ever have discussions when we disagree on things, but lately we've been snapping at each other, and I feel wholey responible. I snap at him and then I realise what I've said and then I appologize profusely. Can you say PSYCHO!!! Other wierd things have been happening in my head too, like I feel like I am auditioning Devinder for the role of the father of my baby. It sounds ridiculous, but I look at how Devinder takes care of himself, or rather I focus in on when he doesn't take care of himself and then I wonder if he'll be able to take care of our child alright. It's totally not fair to him and I know deep down that he is going to be an awsome father, but these are the things I think about and I find it very strange. Or maybe normal??

Some other things I've been experiencing are sharp shooting pains in my abdomen right above my pelvic bone. Our midwife explained this to be something called Round Ligament Pain, which is a very weird term til you actually read about it. Last night I barely slept because I had severe cramps, and it felt like I was going to get my period. Obviously I became paranoid and I spent most of the night going to the bathroom to make sure I wasn't bleeding. This I read is also associated with Round Ligament pain. I seem to be okay with the aches and pains of pregnancy once I can be assured they are perfectly normal and not a cause for concern.

What a wild ride this is, and a fast one too. I can't believe I only have 6 more months to go...

2 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

:( Sorry to hear about the pain and all... I'm going through the psychotic stage too, except instead of fighting, I'm crying... over stupid things... so I understand! You're not alone!

August 09, 2005 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on making it out of the first trimester. Looking forward to the next exciting episode as always :)

August 09, 2005 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home