Thursday, August 11, 2005

One person down...

So I told Jeremy, the Technical Director/boss of me at work today that I am indeed pregnant. He couldn't believe that I'd managed to keep it a secret for so long and although he was a little hurt that I didn't tell him sooner, he was very understanding of all my reasons why I hadn't. In fact once he got over the shock of it, he was downright excited for us. We ended up talking for about an hour and half about the near slip ups and morning sickness I had kept so well hidden. He suddenly understood why I really eat so much and why there is more food at my desk than office supplies. I felt/feel so relieved. It's this whole new door that has opened for Devinder and I. After work I ran into my friend Allen on the seawall. He asked me how I've been doing and I hesitated for a second, and then blabbed the news wihtout a"but don't tell anyone" at the end. I think I will try to wait til next week to tell the rest of the folks at my work as one of our staff will tomorrow burry her father who just died of lung cancer. Jeremy said my news is actually what our work needs right now as one other staff person was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Perhaps our little lemon (Claire's word for our wee one) can bring some much needed hope to the Roundhouse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home