Monday, September 19, 2005

My Birthday, 20 Weeks, 4.5 Months - Half way there!! Oh and a house to call our own...

Where to start...well, it's my birthday today, my last one before I'm a momma. 28 years old, that seems like a good age to become a parent, not that it really matters, I mean it's a little late now to bring age into it. Devinder asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I said I don't really care as long as I get to eat Lava Cakes. Spoken like a true pregnant lady craving CHOCOLATE 24/7!! Amanda made a funny comment about how it's ironic that whenever it's her son Charlie's birthday she will always remember that that was the day when she went into labour. It's more than just his birthday, it marks the end of the 2 week waiting period in which she went into false labour many times, it's the day Amanda pushed with all her might, experienced pain so intense she screamed "give me the drugs", it's the day she experienced the burning ring of fire and felt like her insides were being ripped apart. Then she and Chris experienced the joys of becoming parents for the first time. She learned how to breast feed and experienced how painful a cracked nipple can be. And after that she began to understand the exhaustion that comes with being a new mother. It really does seem like it should be more than Charlie who gets showered with gifts and cake on his birthday. So this a REALLY BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mother and father who experienced all of the above 28 years ago. Thank you so much, I have had a wonderful life thanks to you and all your hard work.

Another thing that I have been thinking about is the fact that I am actually 28 years and 9 months old today. I mean I feel like there is life inside of me. Our baby is already living, it's 4.5 months old. Yet when the baby pokes it's head out into the world suddenly it's like it only just started living right then and there. Really a baby's first birthday should be 3 months after the birth. I just wonder if it's always been calculated this way, or if maybe at one time babies were born 9 months old instead of 0.

I am also 20 weeks today, which also means that I am 4.5 months and half way thru. Only 4.5 months til labour and birth and parenthood!! It sounds far away, and yet very near at the same time. I am definitely without a doubt over my dreaded morning sickness!! Life has been good, really good and I am starting to really enjoy being pregnant finally. I am feeling the baby kick more and more. Nothing too painful yet, just really good to know he/she is doing fine. I am more tired than I was before and I seem to be experiencing that lesser known symptom called "pregnancy brain" where I forget things easily and just generally take longer than usual to "get" things.

And finally, I know most of you already know, but for those of you who do not, Devinder and I will be moving to the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island in January. We bought a large duplex with the help of his parents who will be living in the downstairs suite about 6 months out of the year. My parents, grandparents, sisters, aunt and cousins live in Courtenay and we will be living in a little town called Cumberland about 10 minutes away. As well, Devinder's cousins and their kid's live in Comox about 15 minutes from us. The Valley is absolutely gorgeous with lots of great swimming holes, hiking trails and parks as well it's right on the ocean, the same ocean we were married on. It's a huge lifestyle change that we have been talking about making for quite sometime now. Thanks to his parents we are able to proceed that much sooner and we couldn't be more excited for the sudden change. I will post a picture of the house very soon...

1 Comments:

Blogger sarahlocks said...

WOW!

That's huuuge news! Congratulations on soon to be home owners, what a year of excitment!
Happy birthday to you to! Didn't realise you are part of the virgo posse!

September 20, 2005 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home