Friday, September 09, 2005

18 Week Ultrasound


I thought it would take a while to find the baby like when we went in to hear the heartbeat, but as soon as she touched the wand to my belly, WHAM, there was our baby. It was the most humbling experience. To actually see our baby inside my belly, there just aren't words enough to describe it. According to our technician, we have a VERY active baby, healthy, but active. But for all the kicking and punching we saw it do in there, I couldn't feel a damn thing, so it's a little hard to fully get that it really is inside my belly. We saw it yawn and suck it's thumb. It did provide us with a lovely crotch shot but we still couldn't tell if it's a girl or a boy. I have been so distracted today, all I keep seeing is my baby squirming around inside my belly. I felt this instantaneous love well up inside of me, but it's hard because the baby's as close as it could possibly get to me and yet I can't feel it. I can't pick it up and cuddle it all I can do stare at these grainy pictures. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind now that we are pregnant and I think I'll start growing now because I really get that it's not just gas that's making me look bigger, it's a baby growing inside my belly...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 09, 2005 5:24 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

awwwww, yay!!! sweet, sweet baby pictures!!!! :) That's amazing, and you're only a few weeks ahead of me, so that's what I get to look forward to! :) wow!! simply adorable!

September 13, 2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger aj22 said...

What a wonderful shot! I am so excited for you and Devinder! Good to hear that all is going well. It is only a matter of time until you get the joy and pleasure of holding your little one! There must be a lot of buzz at the roundhouse about it all. Keep the updates coming!

September 14, 2005 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home