Friday, September 02, 2005

Is It Over?

Well it's day 9 now with no signs of nausea...is it safe to say I'm in the clear?? I was reading back over my previous posts and I realize that I made the mistake of saying I was in the clear back when I was 9 weeks, and then the post right after that I'm puking my gutts out again. So instead of saying this is it, I'm just going to celebrate these past 9 days, cause they really have been great, and if I get sick tomorrow, at least I can look back and remember that I had a break and it was fantastic. Memory, that's something else I wanted to write about. Now that I've been nausea-free for 9 days, it's like I almost forget what it was like 9 days ago. I even mentioned to Devinder that I think we should have our children closer together after all. Before, I wasn't so sure if I ever wanted to have another child. I've heard that the human body is incapable of remembering pain, which is why, even after the pain of childbirth, so many women do it all over again.

In other great news, Kelli and Trevor are pregnant!!! 9 weeks and holding strong! I am so excited to be pregnant with Kelli and Amanda. This means that our kids will only be a few weeks apart, which is so freakin' fantastic! Nicole and I were just reminicising at work yesturday about how many Aunts and Uncles we had growing up who weren't really our Aunts and Uncles, but our parents best friends. Our friends are already our family, but it's so great to add kid's to that relationship. It makes sense really, I mean you don't get to choose your family and often you don't get to live near them either, but you do get to chose your friends. Why wouldn't you want to have children with all the people you are closest with, who you've chosen as friends because they are so much like you.

I have motherly instinct!! I baby sat for my cousin Caleb last night. Well more to the point, he slept and I watched TV and read Miriam's baby books. But at one point he woke up and started to make noise. My heart began to beat a little faster at the excitement and terror of what was behind the bedroom door. But I just waited, and listened and realized that he was just making noise, not really crying, and he stopped and went back to sleep. I am always asking Miriam for books on how to raise babies and she is always telling me that she was mostly frustrated with the books she's read, because she knows that it's mostly mother's instinct. I think it's the best advice I've gotten so far, cause that's what I heard when Caleb was crying. I wasn't leafing thru my brain to that page in that book where they talk about what to do when a baby cries, I just listened and somehow knew that he was going to be fine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Thanks for keeping up with me, it's been crazy here lately with the move. I found out a way to keep spam comments away. You have to activate the word authenticate feature under settings, comments, and activate word authenticate. That way spammers can't just randomly leave messages :)
-Corinne

September 09, 2005 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home