Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hello Loyal Fans!

We got the call tonight, you know the one you've all been thinking of making, the "you haven't posted in 4 days so does that mean you've had your baby?" call. I am so sorry we have neglected you, our loyal fans, and the answer is, no we have not had our baby yet - I am still very much pregnant! From now on I will try to update daily so you are not all sitting around thinking it's happened when it hasn't.

Life has actually been pretty good lately. I was so worried that we wouldn't get everything finished and have enough down time before the baby came, but things really do have a way of working themselves out. Not only is the flooring done, but the amount of stuff left to unpack is so minimal that I find myself not really caring if it's all taken care of before the big day. The downtime I so longed for has arrived and we are basking in it. We have been sleeping in, doing a couple hours of work on the house and then snuggling up and watching movies in the afternoon, going for long walks thru the woods with our dog and in the evenings we've been playing with family and friends. It's a pretty amazing time to be alive actually. We are on the brink of so much, so much unknown and the excitement is felt in every breath we take. All this waiting, so far, is the best built up surprise in the world. As excited as we are to meet our wee one, these last days are just so precious and we are enjoying every last drop of them. At the same time, knowing that we are allowed to go into labour now, has changed things dramatically. Every pain, twitch, tinge or noise I make is seen as a sign of labour. "Is this it?" my mind repeats over and over again. I mean we were just so damn close 2 weeks ago, is this baby really going to hang in there until I'm a full 40 weeks, or longer? I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Don't worry, having a baby doesn't have to change every single thing. Look at all the things on my list that we WERE able to still do- play a game, watch movies, make pizza,... and we have 2! You'll only be dealing with 1, which will enable you to be much more mobile than I can be. I think it's just wonderful that you and your husband are feeling so happy during this time. That will make your childbirth experience all the better, and mom and dad will be rested and loving each other- the perfect way to welcome your little one into the world! Keep us posted- I love reading your blog.

January 20, 2006 4:30 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Sweet Geebus, I'm glad you're okay... had I a phone number I'd have called too!!! I think I refreshed your page 15 times yesterday hoping to see some sort of news... :) Glad everything's okay!! Any day now, eh?! That's great.. so great that you guys are enjoying one another too... something Forrest and I have been trying to do too. You look great, and I'm sure everything will turn out the way it's supposed to.

January 20, 2006 5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of making the call too! I refresh the page every day thinking I wonder if it's happening yet?

I'm so excited for you :)

January 20, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

you truely look better and better with each picture. hey if you get a minute can you email me and tell me how to put the pictures on the side like you do. can't wait for news..
heatherdifran@gmail.com

January 20, 2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Avorie said...

I'm glad you're okay. I've been checking your site frequently for updates and started thinking that maybe you had the baby!

It sounds like you're really enjoying these last few days or weeks before baby arrives. It sounds wonderful. I've been going nuts, running around trying to take care of what I consider clutter, clean the carpets, file my taxes, etc....

January 20, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Glad to hear that you're doing so well! I am so jealous that you and hubby get to do so much fun stuff together and enjoy your time before the baby arrives! It seems like you're doing a wonderful job preparing and your baby is so lucky to have you as parents!

January 20, 2006 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home