Monday, January 09, 2006

36 Weeks!!

I am still here and baby is still safe and warm inside my belly. 36 Weeks was our first goal so now if I go into labour we can at least give birth at the local hospital with our midwife. Our next goal is to make it to 37 weeks when the baby is considered full term, then we can have the home birth we've been planning for all along. I wouldn't be surprised if we go past the due date and end up having to be induced, because wouldn't that just be ironic!

I really do think the universe was sending us a message to not go to Vancouver. I don't think it was specifically Vancouver that would have done it, but if we had gone I would have continued at the same pace and not taken the time out my body obviously needed. I was going along pretending I wasn't pregnant and doing everything everyone else was doing. I now realise that although it's good to be confident, it's also okay to just be pregnant and take it easy. It's very hard to just lay around all day when I see all the things that still need to get done, but now that I am forced to listen, I can hear that that's all my body actually wants to do. I have had a tremendous amount of help from family and of course Devinder. I think they are all learning that I am a bit stubborn and sometimes need to be told very sternly to just lay down. I am learning that it's okay to ask for help, people want to help and it doesn't mean that I am useless and demanding.

Interesting change that happened since the baby dropped, I almost completely rid of the horrible acid reflux now that the baby is not pushing up on my stomache so much.

6 Comments:

Blogger DreamerForever said...

I wish you a safe and happy labour!

January 09, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Lucky Duck... no acid reflux? I've been living off of Rolaids lately. Glad to know you're out of the trouble area!!! :)

January 09, 2006 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig and I just wanted to let you know that we've been following your progress with great interest from afar through your blog and wish you all the best. Can't wait to meet the little thing, virtually and in person. Keep taking care of yourselves - our thoughts are with you.
-- Amy

January 09, 2006 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so relate to the difficulty of wanting to keep doing what you were doing/feeling like you aren't "pulling your weight" when you don't.

That's been a hard one for me too, and it's only been over the last few days that I've been able to ask Jill to do some of the chores that are usually "mine."

Congrats on being past the reflux!!! I'm looking forward to that bit too. And even bigger congratulations on being out of the really high risk zone.

January 10, 2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just found your blog & love it! I'm 27 weeks now and can only imagine what you're going through. Hopefully baby will continue to hang out in your belly for at least a few more days! I also have to tell you... you are possibly the cutest pregnant person ever! :)

January 10, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thought I'd come on over and check you out since you left a nice "go the crunchy birth plan" comment for me.

I am SO hoping I can get to a place REAL SOON where I can accept that I cant do everything that I used to be able to do, and whats worse, still WANT to do. Its really hard when you're so self-reliant to just give it all over to others. I'm glad you've managed to accept your bedrest with good grace.

Good luck for the rest of the pregnancy.

January 24, 2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home