Monday, December 12, 2005

32 Weeks

Wow only 8 weeks to go!

Feeling good overall with some complaints to follow.
Complaint #1 - Sleeping poorly. Peeing what seems like every hour at night and just can't seem to get comfortable.
Complaint #2 - Sciatica. Oh the nerve! From my lower back, down my right buttock and ending at the top of the back of my thigh. I have never had problems with my sciatic before, so I didn't really know what it was at first. Seems to be very mild and tolerable, but I am still aware of it.
Complaint #3 - Back Pain. I just feel full. From my neck down to my pelvis I feel stuffed and I think the stuffing is trying to get out. It's pushing on every muscle down my back from the inside leaving me with a dull ache by the end of the day. Without Devinder's nightly back rubs I don't know what I'd do.

Other than that I feel all right, a little tired from not sleeping well, but I still seem to have quite a bit of energy as long as I'm not exerting myself!

I had the craziest baby dream last night and I can't get it out of my head today. It was more like a baby anxiety dream following my midwife appointment on Friday. Our baby is still in the breech position which isn't yet a worry, but by my next appointment when I will be 34 weeks, we are going to have to start worrying about turning it. Last night I dreamt that I could see my baby thru my belly and I was asking him (it was a baby boy in my dream) to please turn for me. The baby replied saying he would be happy to as long as I promised to stop pushing his head all the time. Then the baby crawled up my throat and came out my mouth. I then grabbed the baby by his feet, held him upside down and swallowed him head first!!

I think I may be a little worried about delivering a breech baby. If I have one fear it's delivering in a hospital and worse than that, having to have a C-Section. I am so completely fascinated with what my body can do, that I want to see it all thru. I want to experience labour and I want to deliver my own baby, vaginally without anyone else telling me what to do. I want to listen to my body and let nature take over. I am not scared of pain, I am scared of losing control in a hospital and not having a say over what strange men do to my body. I have been trying some exercises I read about in my sister's mothering magazine to help turn the baby and I know I still have time so I don't really need to freak out yet, but it's a little hard not to when I look at the alternatives.

And last but not least, Happy Birthday to my hubby Devinder who is 33 today!

2 Comments:

Blogger Avorie said...

Ohmygosh! What a crazy dream!!

I hope baby changes positions for you soon!

December 13, 2005 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully those "tricks" from your sisters magazine work. My son was breech and refused to turn, even when two doctors tried to "manually" flip him. And yes, it was pleasant as it sounds.

December 13, 2005 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home