Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Graceful...

Heather at Our Life Voyage, posted a bit about gracefulness during pregnancy, wondering when she was going to be as graceful as all the etherial photos of pregnant women we are inundated with. I wrote back that I don't know if I have been graceful yet thru my pregnancy. Definately after 4 months of being quite sick, feeling better made me feel more alive and energneic. Now that I am growing rather large in the belly area, I feel beautiful and womanly, but I don't know about graceful. I make grunting noises without realising it everytime I bend over or stand up, I waddle when I walk and I am constantly burping and farting. And really, I think you just forget that image of gracefulness cause you are too busy in the moment just being very very pregnant. Last night Devinder and I tried to take some artsy farsty photos of my pregnant self and I have come to the conclusion that gracefulness when you are pregnant only happens in photos. You see, when I look at this photo I feel like I must be very graceful, but I know when we were taking it how I was really feeling, and it wasn't at all graceful...

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

what a beautiful picture! so lovely. you do look very graceful.. thats why we love photos so much! great post!

November 29, 2005 2:41 PM  
Blogger Avorie said...

The photo is really beautiful! You do look graceful - even if you don't feel it.

November 30, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Avorie said...

I forgot to mention that I love how the light is centered around your belly!

November 30, 2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Perhaps you do not feel graceful, but what a beautiful photo! I think there is a simple grace that unconditionally comes with carrying a child inside, no matter how you look or what you do (including burping and farting!). Even after puking all the time, I still remember feeling like what was happening to me was magical and divine.

December 03, 2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger Cerella said...

I love your honesty & candor!
You look amazing!
Good for you for capturing this
wondrous time in your lives on film.

November 06, 2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home