Monday, November 28, 2005

30 Weeks

The bun is 3/4 done - only 10 weeks to go! The bun kicked me so hard this morning I let out a gasp and lost my breath for a second. Sandy at work said it's probably trying to find the door out cause it's getting awfully crowded in there. Here's an update on my 30 week pregnant self:

- I am feeling tired, like I could sleep for days if I was allowed to. I sleep fine thru the night still, with the excpetion of running to the bathroom every 2 hours or so. I have no problem getting back to sleep after my many trips to the loo.
- The peeing is unbelievable to me. I have always had a small bladder, but this is ridiculous. Luckily Devinder's Aunt and Uncle were kind enough to lend us their van for the next couple months so I can drive to work. I thought quitting biking would solve my uncomfortable commute to work, but taking transit is just as hard, if not harder because it takes longer, so that's more time away from the bathroom. And it's not like before I was pregnant and I had to pee, it's totally different, because it hurts to move around at all until you've relieve yourself.
- I experienced dizziness & wooziness for the first time over the weekend, but nothing unmanageable.
- I've had a few nose bleeds, which are apparantly very normal with all the extra blood pumping thru my fragile blood vessels. I seem to clot quite fast so that's a good sign.
- My upper back hurts at the end of the day, but I am trying to sit up straight to avoid too much pain. Last night it hurt so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. Devinder gave me a massage and it helped out quite a bit.
- My acid reflux has only gotten worse and I have given up on using raw almonds and now take Tums throughout the day.
- I have Braxton Hicks contractions all day every day. They are not painful but sometimes cause me to stop what I'm doing until they are finished.
- I hunger.

All in all, I feel quite good. I am shocked at how fast the time has flown by and yet at the same time when I think back to the beginning of this pregnancy it seems soooo long ago. The countdown has begun...

1 Comments:

Blogger Anth said...

Yeah, the nocturnal peeing never seems to disturb my sleeping either. Of course, I'm still at once a night. I can't wait until it's every 2 hours! Ha ha
I bought a humidifier today to try to help with the nosebleeds. (I have a cold, so have been blowing my nose tons, which just exacerbates the problem!)
Almonds help with heartburn?
Also, you look so cute!! I'll keep in mind what you say about gracefulness for when I get bigger!

November 29, 2005 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home