Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pregnancy Brain...

...or rather "Pregnancy No Brain" is a little known side effect of being pregnant. Or at least I think it's cause I'm pregnant. Jeremy at work said I should have warned him I would become so retarded later into my pregnancy (he is joking) so he could have been more prepared. Devinder says I often just stare off into space and it takes him a couple of tries to catch my attention. I also have absolutely no short term memory and never ever interupt me when I'm talking cause the chances of me getting back on the original topic are slim to none. The best example of pregnancy brain is one that a woman in my Prenatal Yoga class told me last night. She says it used to take her 20 minutes to walk to work, and now it takes her 40 minutes. She says she doesn't feel like she's walking slower, nor does it seem like the walk is longer, but it is and she absolutely cannot account for the extra 20 minutes! She says she leaves her house and then wham she's at work and hardly remembers the walk at all, it's like it never happened...

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I know what you mean about "pregnancy brain"! I sometimes don't remember driving to and from work. I know that I'm driving, but when I get to work or to my house, I don't actually remember the drive!

November 30, 2005 9:27 PM  
Blogger Avorie said...

Yeah, and isn't it worse when you have to go to the bathroom. I can think of absolutely nothing else if I need the bathroom, which interestingly enough, is less and less often as the pregnancy goes on.

December 02, 2005 7:08 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Like when I left dinner boiling on the stove last night, and proceeded to decorate the house with Christmas decorations, only to realize 30 minutes later that... hey, something doesn't smell right? OH! Dinner!! Yeah.. that, and driving somewhere for a reason, and totally forgetting the reason... I hate that

December 02, 2005 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home