Tuesday, December 27, 2005

34 Weeks - Please Allow 6 to 8 Weeks for Delivery...

I am feeling soooo much better after a fantastic Christmas with family. Things are still a little hectic putting in hardwood flooring and then our big move on Friday, but the list of things to do is drawing to a close. I really did feel bad for my baby; being so stressed and crazy cannot be a good thing for a baby in a belly. I was supposed to have a midwife appointment today but some lucky woman was having a baby. I am feeling better about not being that big after talking to my family and learning that all the women carried their babies the same way, so my baby should be just fine. I would have liked to have had my measurements taken just for peace of mind, but I might have to wait til next week. I really don't know how they can base every pregnant women's measurements off of one perfect measurement scale, I mean we are all just so different and it's got us small woment hinking we are too small and us big women thinking we are too big. I really think this must be the stage of pregnancy where you start to worry even more because I am starting to ignore the logical side of my brain and only listent to the constant "what if" side. I just am so close, all I want to do is to meet my baby.

Devinder and I did jump the gun a little on the whole parenting thing and we got a dog. His name is Kona and he is an 8 year old chocolate Lab. We got him thru a friend of a friend who just felt she didn't have time for him anymore and wanted him to go to a good family. We are head over heels in love after only a week! Having a dog has always been a part of this dream, the dream of living in a small town, because we just never wanted to have a dog in the city. So it really makes our move seem all that more real. Here is a picture of Devinder and Kona having a morning snuggle...

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute picture!

I have been too busy to try the code yet....we are doing another belly pic tomorrow, so I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

December 28, 2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger Avorie said...

I'm measuring a bit small too - 1 week behind. The doctor said it's probably because I am a small-framed person. No worries! :)

Congrats on the dog! :) Every home should have a pet!

December 28, 2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Avorie said...

Did your baby turn around to a non-breech position yet?

December 28, 2005 6:08 PM  
Blogger Oh Joy said...

The whole measurement thing is only a guideline. With number 1 I wore lots of my non-maternity stuff until I gave birth! No big deal. Plus you guys eat so super-duper healthy that you aren't putting on needless weight with chips and bonbons! You are fine. You are growing and you look fabulous!!

Now that you are 34 weeks pregnant get yourself ready for the baby. Imagine our shock when we (totally unprepared) had our first angel 3 and a half weeks early!!!!!!! Pack yourself a bag. It is not too early.

December 29, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

:) I love that picture... so sweet!!! BTW, you look FABULOUS!!!! and only 5 weeks!!?!?! :)

December 30, 2005 8:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

(im peter rea's cousin, we met in vancouver briefly!) been meaning to tell you how much i enjoy your blog. Ive got a few friends that are preggie and its great being able to empathise with them more...
take care and happy new year!

December 30, 2005 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home