Monday, December 19, 2005

33 Weeks

Yes I am alive and doing much better! This whole pregnancy I have been saying that it's impossible for me to feel stressed because of all these wonderful hormones making me feel so calm all the time. Last week I realised that that is absolutely not true. As you all know we are in the process of moving over to our new home in Cumberland on Vancouver Island. And I'm sure you all also know that moving is VERY STRESSFUL!! Maybe even more so when you are pregnant because you are just so damn tired all the time how can you possibly pack up your enitre house in the evenings after working all day??? To top it off, Devinder has been working like a mad demon on our Volkswagon Van tyring to get it running so we can move it over with us. This has left me to do all the packing and cleaning by myself, and I did mention that I am VERY pregnant and SOOOO tired. I blame not Devinder, it's just the way it worked out, but it has caused me a fair amount of stress. It also doesn't help that it's Christmas and we are moving away from all our friends, so there are a lot of social functions that must happen as well. It's a lot of juggling and I'm not feeling so co-ordinated these days.

All that being said, today I hardly feel pregnant at all, I have energy and feel relatively calm. Last night we finished all the packing and the little details that are left are just that, very little so there really isn't much left to stress out about, not that I really needed to stress out last week either, but too late for that now. I started to train my replacement at work today and it looks like this Friday will be my second to last day, my last one being January 5 after a nice long break. I will just come back on the 5th and make sure she is settled and doing well and say one last goodbye to everyone before my year off!!

And just a shout out to you all for reading this blog. People mention to me all the time that they read along every week and I am just always amazed!! I also got a comment from Corrine over at Two Pink Lines checking in on me to make sure I was still doing okay cause she hadn't heard from me in a while. I am just so touched, thank you! I am also so amazed by everyone's generosity. Devinder and I haven't bought a damn thing for this baby yet because people have been so kind in giving us stuff - it's utterly amazing!! This weekend all our friends gave us the stroller we needed for the car seat that our other friends gave us!! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!! I hope you all know how much we appreciate everything, and everyone and yes I might be getting sappy but it is just so nice to feel so loved...

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

i've been doing lots of research. what kind of stroller and carseat did you get? it is good to hear from you again. happy moving!!

December 19, 2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

*phew* Glad you're okay :) I totally understand the whole tired thing, and then... the next day it feels as though you're back to your normal self, only to realize once you try to bend over that, hey! I'm pregnant!!! You're looking great... hope the move goes well!

December 20, 2005 3:54 AM  
Blogger Anth said...

You poor thing! I can't imagine having to pack & move 3 1/2 months pregnant, much less over 7 months along!!! (Btw, I too am interested in what kind of stroller & car seat you got.)

December 20, 2005 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy moving you two - we'll be right behind you! Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Isn't it crazy how our hormones can make our emotions fluctuate so much?? I sometimes can't believe how upset I get over certain things (that I wouldn't have given a second thought before)!
Please take care of yourself and be careful with the moving and unpacking and all! You seem like you're really healthy and in great shape, but just don't overwork yourself :)

December 22, 2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home