Friday, January 06, 2006

8 Months!

Well I made it to 8 months!! 35 weeks and 4 days, hang in their baby!

Over the past 2 days I have recieved so many wonderful words of encouragement thru this blog and through family and friends. I have also recieved many stories of other women who have gone thru similar early labour signs and made it just fine to their due date, and stories of women who have delivered at 35 weeks or earlier and their babies were just fine only needing a few days in the hospital. I must say that when this first began I totally lost hope that this baby might actually hang in there, but today I find myself with a new sense of faith that no matter what happens, things will be just fine. My contractions are still regular and we are still on high alert, but I have this feeling that we may just make it another 10 days!! So thank you to you all!!

Devinder also wanted me to write about how luxurious my life really is now that I am on bedrest. I am so grateful to have him around for this as I know that not all women are as lucky. Last night at midnight I was very hungry. I usually chow down around then on a banana and a bowl of cereal. But we were out of cereal so Devinder happily leapt out of bed and made me eggs and toast!! This morning he brought me breakfst in the bath!! And right now I am eating my lunch in bed. I certainly do hope the baby stays in another 10 days cause this is the life!

8 Comments:

Blogger Avorie said...

What a sweet guy!

January 06, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Angela Oliver said...

Hey Reesh!

Leigh and I have been thinking of you and the baby and Dev so much. We are wishing health and safety for all of you!

We can hardly wait to see you soon Mid Jan.
Maybe we can help to while away the time too.

You do have the life! I'm impressed with Devinder too! I'm lucky to have Leigh who is very similar too

Love you so much
Ange and Leigh

January 07, 2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger Oh Joy said...

Keep your eye on the prize guys! the only thing that really matters is a healthy baby! I am hoping you have the birth you want--though WHY someone would NOT want the drugs I have NO IDEA (hee-hee)!! Anyway, the baby will come when the baby comes and we can't much change that. Either way you get a BABY in the end!!!!! And what greater prize is there than that? In the meantime enjoy your bed, your breakfasts and your alone time!

January 07, 2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

:) Mmmm... Breakfast AND a Bath... that sounds like a tastey combo (maybe I''ll have to twist Forrest's ear towards doing soemthing like that) :) Great going, you're almost there!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures of the little one!!!

January 07, 2006 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Reesh,
Just wanted you and Dev to know that I'm thinking of you guys and counting down from this side of the ferries. Hope you guys are planning a Vancouver day to come show off your baby 'cause I can't wait to meet him/her. Best of luck with your delivery - we'll all be waiting for good news.
-Emma

January 08, 2006 12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reesh, it's Jerome. I read this blog of yours. It's nifty.

January 08, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger sarahlocks said...

Baby just sit tight! You're mum will love you soo much more if she gets breaky in bed for another 9 days trust me!! I had to have words with my mates Annes baby Tinkerbell (waiting name for the lil gal bub inside her)the other night, as her birth helper is on holidays til Friday. So now we have to keep fingers crossed your bub stays put for 9 more days. I reckon bub will do it. Ohh, and I think it's a boy. Thats my bet.

January 09, 2006 12:38 AM  
Blogger Anth said...

Wow, sounds like full bedrest is the life! Especially with a man-slave to cater to your desires! Ha ha
Hang in there, you can make it!

January 09, 2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home