Monday, January 30, 2006

39 Weeks

I don't really know what to write actually, which is why I haven't updated all day. Things are all over the map. One minute I am on the floor in child's pose breathing thru a super strong contraction and the next minute I feel totally fine and dandy. Soooo, I don't really know what to say. My contractions go from 6 or 8 minutes apart and then they go back to 15 minutes apart and then back down to 10 minutes etc... My lower back aches like there's no tomorrow, and then it stops again and all is well with the world. My midwife says we are in early labour and sometimes it just lasts a little longer for some women. So I guess we're waiting and it's not as much fun as the waiting was before I started to have such strong signs. Now we are impatient and I just want to get it over and done with. I have had a taste of what it's going to be like and I could almost see a clear path to victory and I really feel like I can do this. I feel strong again and excited and oh so ready. But the waiting, it's an emotional rollercoaster and you just don't know when the ride will end...

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela Oliver said...

I"m hoping soon for your sake!!!

We are thinking about you SO much Reesh
Tomorrow we head to Florida...We'll think of you then

January 30, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Keep your head up!! Sounds like you're doing magnificantly... I can't wait until I'm where you are (as crazy as asking for pain sounds). Hope it's soon for you......

January 30, 2006 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hang in there, honey. Not far to go now. I am waiting with baited breath...

Sandy

January 30, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Avorie said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering about you and picturing your wonderful waterbirth. I'm sure won't be long now! You can do it!

January 30, 2006 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just keep repeating "I won't be pregnant forever." Neither will you. Good luck!!!

January 30, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger sarahlocks said...

Come on lil baby! Hey my friend had baby number 2 the other day - 9lb 8oz...judging from my mums gasps thats a large 'un! Maybe next time I check your blog it will be 2 grown ups, a choc lab & a newborn! Back to putting my ikea table together...good luck guys!

January 31, 2006 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home