Saturday, January 28, 2006

Who Needs Labour Anyway?

What a fantastic day, labour or no labour, I couldn't have asked for a better day! I am still having contractions like a mad woman, and although I am feeling intense downward pressure when they happen, there is no pain yet, so it may still be a while before I am "officially" in labour. I have been wearing a pad all day as I have a lot of bloody show. I am not sure I fully basked in the glory that is not having your period for 9 months, but it's a small price to pay if it means we get to meet our baby tonight. We went for a very long walk on the beach with my sister and my dad and all the dogs. The sun was shining bright and warm and everything just felt so right. I still feel extremely excited and I want to believe that this is "it", but I am hesitant at the same time. So I am just enjoying this time, these feelings and this beautiful day!

We are off to dinner for Devinder's mom's birthday and then we have a quiet evening planned. I will post tomorrow morning and if I don't, then I guess you can expect a birth story next!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

What a great photo!!! So glad to hear you're progressing... my contractions have stopped (again)... but you know? I'm not even at 37 weeks yet, so I still have 3 weeks to go... I can't wait to read your birth story, I'm sure you guys will have a great one. :) Enjoy your evening!!

January 28, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

wow what a gorgous photo. you look beautiful. can't wait to read your birth story. thinking of you and wishing you strength, love and happy birthing.

January 28, 2006 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home