Friday, January 20, 2006

37 Week Ultrasound

So we got our ultrasound results back and here's what they revealed: WE HAVE A SMALL BABY!! Really?!!?! You don't say...

We are in the 10th percentile for size, which means that 90% of babies delivered at 37 weeks will be bigger than our baby. So the longer it stays put, the bigger it will grow, but we probably aren't going to have a baby much larger than 6 pounds. The good news is that the baby is fully developed, has excellent muscle and bone mass and will be perfectly fine if born tomorrow, just small is all. My amniotic fluid levels are on the low side, but still fine. If I do make it to 40 weeks, we will have to have another ultrasound to measure fluid levels just to make sure there is still enough in there for the baby. In the meantime I am to continue eating large amounts of high protein foods in an effort to try to gain a little more weight.

I just realised all the people with guesses in the baby pool are really kicking themselves now for guessing that we'd have a 9 pounder! Serves you right! Well, maybe now that we have a bit more information, if anyone wants to leave a comment with a guess for the baby pool (no money needed) that might be a fun game to play while we wait! Include sex, weight and date and I'll organize it and post it up...

Me and my baby...

Devinder and his baby...

And our finished living room floor, our other baby...

5 Comments:

Blogger Avorie said...

I'm so glad that your baby is doing well. I was wondering how the ultrasound went.

The living room looks wonderful. What a great window!!

January 20, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I love your hat and sweater combo!!

I am also happy that all is well with you and baby.

The house looks great. Good work.

January 20, 2006 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*chuckle*

Looking at that cute picture of you, I suddenly understand why people keep asking me if I'm having twins! I look twice as pregnant as you, and I'm only due 3 days earlier.

If we ever meet in real life, I promise not to let Smudge sit on your little on and squash her/him. :)

January 21, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger sarahlocks said...

Baby is coming on 7 February or maybe the 27th January. I have a thing for 7s at the moment. Baby will be 7 pounds and 8 ounces (how many ounces in a pound? spot the metric queen...)and i still think its a boy. You look really really pregnant in the latest photos, good to see!! The house looks as glowing as it's new owners - so awesome!

January 24, 2006 4:28 PM  
Anonymous 4D Ultrasounds said...

every thing looking good
but where are 4d ultrasounds pics of your cute baby

March 10, 2011 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home