Sunday, January 29, 2006

Morning Update

We're still here, but I feel like we're really close now! I woke up at 4 am to the strongest contractions yet, complete with a lower back ache and finally some pain! Yippee I thought, those are some damn good signs! I breathed nicely thru them for about 2 hours when I guess I got tired of timing them and fell back to sleep. I don't remember them being much closer than 6 or 7 minutes apart. Now that I am awake again I am still having contractions, but they are no longer as painful and my back ache has disappeared completely. I still have bloody show, more so than yesterday and a brighter red so we're moving up my cervix and maybe I'll actually see some amniotic fluid soon. We put a shower curtain under our sheets last night to protect our futon in case my water did break. If you are ever looking for an inexpensive way to make your bed extremely thermal, use a shower curtain, cause man, we were both boiling hot last night!

So is this the day little one? Cause now that we've gone this far, we are sooo ready to meet you...

7 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

I cannot tell you how incredibly happy I am for you both... I hope it's all that you hope it to be, and can't wait to see the little one!!

January 29, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

The shower curtain cracked me up! It's so true! It sounds like you're doing well with the contractions & you're going to be a pro with labor. Hang in there with the waiting game :)

January 29, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

YAY! Sounds like your little babe is ready to meet you! Lots of love and good wishes being sent your way.

January 30, 2006 4:31 AM  
Blogger Avorie said...

It sounds like this is really it!! Enjoy bringing your little one into the world!

January 30, 2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger Anth said...

Oh, how exciting!!! Sounds like you will meet your baby soon! Good luck with labor, you're going to be great!

January 30, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Oh Joy said...

Well it's rather down the the wire between you and Jaime!! She went in today to (more than probably) be induced! So now I shall wait and see if it is my (surrogate) niece or my first-cousin-once-removed-in-law that comes first!!! Go Agnish Go!!!! Or maybe Go Niece Go! Oh I don't care just someone have a baby would you??!!!!!

January 30, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Oh Joy said...

Oh it would be so much fun if you had the beebees on the same DAY!!!!! Do that. Today or tomorrow. Either/or.

January 30, 2006 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home