Sunday, October 23, 2005

25 Weeks

Our child is a revolutionary!! We were at a rally on Friday to support the teachers strike and little fety (I'm trying out a new name in an attempt to forget about wanting to know the sex of our child) was kicking me like mad!! Funnily enough, Jess came over the night before and gave us the Che Guerva onesie you see this very happy baby wearing.

We think we are getting a dog!! It's all we can talk of lately, we just can't seem to agree on a breed. We were thinking of getting a dog after the baby is born but then we thought maybe it's a good idea before cause now we have the time to train it so it will be a little more independant when the baby does come. We were just going to get a Golden Retriever because we both really like them, but then Duston suggested that we do a little research first to see if it's the breed for us. What I have learned is that there are certain breeds out there that are less allergenic, and Golden Retrievers are not one of them. The breed that I think most suits our personalities is the Labradoodle, which is a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Standard Poodle. The result is a very mild mannered, loyal, and highly intellegent dog who is virtually hypo-allergenic and whose coat is actual hair not fur and easily manageable. Only one problem, Devinder thinks they are hideous. All he wants is a big ole furry dumb dog which admittedly is what I want too, I just think we should at least try to get a dog that he and possibly our child will be less allergic to. Obviously we have a bit more work to do before we actually become doggy parents.

We go for our 3D ultrasound on Thursday and we are both sooooo excited. We still haven't decided if we want to find out the sex of the baby or not. I still feel like I am so close yet so far away from my baby. I hate calling it "it." I feel like if we knew then we could call "it" by it's name instead of silly pet names like pumpkin and fety. As soon as you assign a name to something it really brings it to life. Instead, even though our baby is very much alive, we aren't going to call it by it's name until it sticks it's little head out. Doesn't seem quite right to me. But at the same time, it is still kinda fun guessing and then when he/she is born we can send out the classic "It's a Boy" or It's a Girl" cards which we couldn't really do if everyone already knew...

3 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

:) I'm so jealous... I wish we could get the 3D sonogram thingy done!!! I'm sure whatever you decide (to find out or not) you'll be happy either way :) And BTW... WOW!! The belly has popped out!!! You and me both!! (I need to post a new picture soon)

October 27, 2005 8:39 AM  
Blogger Anth said...

I looove your blog! You are quite a bit farther along than me (I'm at 8 1/2 weeks), but it's nice to read back over your old posts and realize that this is all normal!! Including how nervous/excited/obsessed I am about being pregnant. Ha ha [I posted about my miscarriage on one of your earlier posts- but it was so different then because my symptoms were minimal, and everything's so much stronger (and crazier) this time that I feel like I'm going through a completely different thing! Yay!] I hadn't figured out the raw foods/cooked foods thing yet, so thanks for that! I did figure out this week that last week sucked so bad because I wasn't eating enough. So this week I feel like I am eating constantly, but the nausea is so much less severe! It's great! Well, I'm sure I'll post again! Thanks!

October 27, 2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger sarahlocks said...

Labradoodles are AWESOME!!! My mates have one, and besides the stupid amount of money they cost to buy, Marley is exactly the big dumb dog you describe...he is a big chocolate coloured mass of curls. Soooo loveable and goofy and way too energetic...Ive been in a few pet shops lately, checking out their 'oodle' dogs, saw a great looking spaniel x poodle...

And yay - your belly is showing, people might start to offer you a seat on the bus now!

Happy choosing!

October 29, 2005 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home