Monday, October 17, 2005

24 Weeks

Well I'm not as spry as I used to be that's for sure. I stayed up late dancing at my cousin Amy's wedding on the weekend, and the next day it felt like I had a hangover. My whole entire being was so tired especially my hips which I think are widening right now because my bones are aching. That weird skin pain I had mentioned previously, turned out to be nerve damage, like the baby or something inside is pinching a nerve and it hurts like hell! So far tiger balm, heat and not moving an inch seem to relieve it best. I luckily have found the cure for my acid indigestion - raw almonds, 5 or 6 before, after, during - whenever you want and it really really works! I also have to really watch my posture as everything is all squished up under my stomach and if I slouch for too long my stomach muscles contract and wont let go. As a result I often have muscle pain along my right side of my back just under the bra line.

Well, it sounds like I'm only experiencing pain and discomfort, so I'll just say right now that that is not true. I am really enjoying being pregnant. All those things are just minor irritants that I want to keep track of for future pregnancies. All in all, things are great. We are feeling the baby kick more and more and harder and harder. It still feels wonderful and doesn't hurt a bit yet. I feel very connected with the little pumpkin, my best friend who lights up my life with the slightest little movement or the hardest little kick. I feel incredibly lucky that things have gone so well so far and I am so looking forward to being a mom.

I had a cool experience dancing a slow dance with Devinder at the wedding. My belly was touching his and it felt like there were three of dancing together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home